Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

ILMerge errors (exited with code 1, could find dll, assembly has a value for its PeKind flag that is incompatible...)

After leaving very few spots in my head unscratched (I am environment-conscious, there are those who act with a bit less self restrain and throw their computers through the office's window), I came up with the following solution to ILMerge errors of all sorts. ILRepack is being developed to replace our endeared ILMerge, and although I am sure all of you keep deep feelings (feel free to make them public) about it, my solution was to:

  1. backup C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\ILMerge\ILMerge.exe renaming it to, say, _ILMerge.exe 
  2. place a copy of ILRepack.exe 
  3. rename it to ILMerge.exe  (it follows the exact same ilmerge command line parameters syntax)
 And that's it. Rebuild your solution.
Yes, you are rid of ILMerge. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment